Tuesday, June 19, 2007
A Funny Story
So I totally forgot to write about my experience going through immigration, and just all the nonsense at the airport with my parents. There is one story that I'd like to share with you guys. Okay so since my brother travels so much, he gets the Gold Card for North West and since my Dad and my brother have the same first and last name my dad was able to use the Gold Card. The perks of having the Gold card is eating in the VIP lounge, and boarding first, but you can only do this by presenting the Gold Card. Well, when my brother booked the tickets they had written on the ticket Gold Card, but he didn't give my dad the card cause he needed it when he was traveling. So there we are at the Amsterdam airport waiting to board. Then a young Dutch lady announced, anyone who has children can board first.Then she announced all first class, and Gold card members..YOU MUST PRESENT YOUR GOLD CARD before boarding. Well my Dad was like lets go, mind you there are tons of people waiting to board. So we push through, and my dad just wanted to blend in with the other Gold card members. But she called him out "Sir, your Gold card?" There goes my dad acting like he didn't understand. "YOUR GOLD CARD." People are waiting behind him, I felt myself getting hot. So my dad acts like he had it, so he starts putting his hand in his pocket fumbling. I have no clue what in the world he was reaching for. The lady got so annoyed and impatient..she just yelled at him. "Sir you can not do this, just go, just go, but next time you better have your card ready. Go!" So we went, my dad turned around and smiled. Like he scammed his way in. He was not at all embarrassed, just happy that we got in. So you think he would of learned his lesson. On our way back we were in Amsterdam, waiting to board. All of a sudden like 2 min. before we were to board he starts fidgeting in his pocket. I then tell him, we can't go first pappa, remember what happened before. He was like don't worry about it, as he continued to go through a pile of cards. I had no clue what he was looking for because we all knew he didn't have the Gold card. And then he said, "lets go, and flashed us the triple A card." I almost died. I was totally frustrated, and I said "Pappa what are you doing, that lady will know that's not the Gold card, you can't fool her with the insurance card." He then said, "she'll never know." Then my mom started to tell him not to. I said you can go, I'm standing back here while she yells at you again. Well then he slowly put back his card, and waited impatiently until are seats were called. I think about it now and can't help but laugh picturing him holding the triple A card convinced that he was going to fool her. Crazy pops!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
VERRRRRONICA! WHERE'S MY SLIPPERSSS!!!
Post a Comment