Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary Moms and Pops

We are packed!!! I have to give all credit to Tinu, he packed everything so well. I went shopping while he packed, yes I'm blessed. We have 4 suitcases. Isn't that crazy, I have no clue what we packed. I mean we bought gifts for people, but nothing crazy. I bet all of it is my clothes. It's funny cause last week when I was visiting my parents, I saw all the stuff they bought to take to India. My dad gets a bit nutty when it comes to taking things to India. In one plastic bag was a loaf of wheat bread. Why? It's my Dad's birthday tomorrow. Today was their anniversary. They've been married for 38 years. How do our (Malyalee) parents do it? Tinu and I went through premarital counseling, then we did a couples book together which we continue to do. I continue to read about marriage and how to better it. How did our parents do it? My dad and mom saw each other once before they got married. I think it has to be purely God. My Mom always prayed and I know God honored that. There has to be a sense of Grace God pours down on our parents to allow them to continue on when there are so many bumps in the road. Even in the storms God is still working. They were and are great parents, they continue to give so much of anything and everything they got to Tinu and I. If it wasn't for my parents blessing and Gods discernment, Tinu and I wouldn't be together. It was always so hard to honor my parents, but when I did, God honored all my desires and sent me a man who is more than I could ever have asked for and imagined. Back to my parents, I get side tracked when I talk about Tinu. My parents are so loving, I can pick up the phone any time for anything, and my dad and mom will always be so excited to hear from me, it makes me feel so good. I hope I give them the same feeling. They have raised my brother and me the best as they could. I was a brat growing up, I still am. But I realize now how blessed I was. My Dad is a man that helps anyone anytime. He will take his shirt of his back for anyone. He cracks crazy jokes, he loves to see others laugh. He knows how to fix anything. He loves to get cards and give it to us. I mean nice cards, cards that he takes time to pick out. How many men does that? My mom is a loyal wife, and women who forgives. My mom physically isn't very strong. However, as a human being she has so much inner strength It's strength of God who dwells in her. She's been soo happy lately because of her grand daughter. I haven't seen her this happy in a long time. I love it. She lives to love on her children. I pray I'm wife and mother like her. Now there are no kids at home, and they are retired. That's what their life was about, children and work. Now what do they talk about? The shows they see on Asia net? Is that all? Is there more? The grand babies (grand baby for now). They both are such fun people. I use to remember seeing them snuggling on the couch while they watched TV, I would almost lose my lunch. Now I love it. I use to think my dad was teasing my mom when ever she would get dressed up to go somewhere. He would say in Malayalam "oh look at you looking all good." but now I realize, he was being sweet and telling her she looked pretty. Playa!! My prayer for my parents is that God will allow them to fall in love with each other even more, to live a life of happiness and fun together. I pray that my brother and I will speak encouragement and love into their lives. That they will know by our words how wonderful they are. I love you Mommy and Papa!!

No comments: