Sunday, June 10, 2007

CRASHED

Man are we tired! Thursday afternoon we got to Tinu's parents place. They live in a very cute area it is set up like condos. While Tinu's parents are in Bombay no one really lives here. We had to do a little cleaning and adjusting of water tanks, and electricity, but by the end of the evening everything was fine. We headed out to visit Tinu's parents family around 10am, it was a two and a half hour trip to the area where everyone lived. If I haven't explained earlier I will now, the driving is crazy here. There is no order at all, everyone honks like crazy goes which ever way they can and wants, and really has no respect for anyone else on the road, I've had tons of near death experiences. So we hired a driver for the rent a car, and we are off to explore. About 30 min into the drive, a huge truck side swiped our car, and took off the side front. So we pulled over, along with the truck guy, and there was no kind of remorse on their part. They said we should watched out, I could see the frustration on my father in laws face. Nothing was settled, no cops came, no numbers of any sort were swapped. We paid for it, and that was that. HORRIBLE! Then as we continued to drive, there was another accident, a motorcycle and a car. We saw sandals laying across the road, no person, he/she was probably rushed to the hospital but I did see a bunch of blood. The image is still in my head. It's not mandatory here to wear a seat belt, nor a helmet. The more people you can load up on a bike, the better. Then on the way back home Sunday, I saw another accident, a car and a motorcycle . Blood filled another mans hand as he tried to help the unconscious man in the car to rush him to the hospital. Where is the safety in this country? How can people continue to allow such pain, and disorder???? I am extremely bothered by this. Let me continue with my visits and I will get back to this issue later. Friday after we visited family members we crashed (slept)at Tinus Mom's brothers house, and then Saturday morning headed out. We went and saw Tinu's grand mother which was very nice. She absolutely loves Tinu's Dad, she couldn't get enough of him. After that we went to my parents house, had dinner there play charades with the kids, and then crashed there. We headed out Sunday morning around 7:30 and I was pooped, got home around 12ish ate lunch and I crashed. It was a very nice visit with everyone, and I enjoyed meeting Tinu's family, they were all wonderful. After visiting everyone, my only memory that keep reoccurring is all these accidents, and no order/rules. Because of this chaos it takes two and a half hours to get somewhere , where back in Ohio/Michigan (home) it would take like 30 min. Why can't they instill fines for not wearing helmets? For not staying in thier lanes, for not going one way in a one way. Tinu thinks there is the same amount of accidents in America, but I totally think a lot less deaths because of the seat belt law, because of the helmet law, because of the the baby seat law. Let me sit in as head road safety chick, I'd kick some butt! We'll be back in 4 days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Let me sit in as road head safety chick, I'd kick some butt!"

I'm scared.